Social media is an incredible tool for promoting your business. With the ability to get started for free, and prioritize the networks your customers use, social media marketing can be a very effective part of your marketing message. In this blog, we’re going to share 5 tips to help you create great social media content.
- Holidays. There is always something to celebrate. Just by doing a quick search online, you’ll find that every day, week and month of the year is celebrated as a holiday. Find holidays your target audience would be interested in and create a post encouraging them to celebrate.
- Industry News. Chances are, something new and exciting is happening in your industry. Why not share it with your audience? Industry news is an opportunity share your passion for what you do and build trust with your customers by showing them you’re still interested in improving your products and services. This also makes it easier for your customers who want to be well-informed before making a purchase.
- Success Stories. Happy customers are one of the most effective methods of marketing any business could have. Not only does it give that customer a great story to share with their friends, it gives potential customers a real-world example of your products or services. Not only should you encourage your customers to leave a review, but you should also share those reviews on your social media.
- Behind the Scenes. Give your audience a look inside your business. Share a post about the members of your team and what they enjoy doing outside of work. You could also give a video tour of your office. These posts give your audience a look at the people who make your business successful.
- Sale or Promotion. There is nothing wrong with an occasional post showcasing your products or services. A good rule to follow would be if you’re posting to your social media once per day, you should only post one sale or promotion per week. This helps keep your social media profiles from feeling too sales-y.
Tips to help you post great content
- Use An Automation App. Apps like SocialPilot help you plan your social media well in advance. These apps allow you to schedule content and automatically publish new blog posts from your website.
- Follow Local Media & Community Pages. Social media is an online community, so make sure your business profiles like and follow local media outlets and publications. Other great examples include neighborhood associations, local parks, and event venues.
- Keep Everything Consistent. Each social media network for your business should have the same username, branding images and contact information. This helps your audience know without question that they’re viewing the right profile.
- Respond to Comments. Social media is a unique marketing channel because you can interact directly with your audience. This is an opportunity to not only improve your customer service but also gain valuable insight from your customers that could improve your products or services.
- Use Pictures & Videos. The saying goes ‘a picture is worth a thousand words’ and social media definitely proves that to be true. Take the time to create quality pictures and videos to go with your posts, it will go a long way to increase your audience everywhere you post.
These tips will hep you create an online presence that grows your audience organically. If you’re ready to start using social media to grow your business, schedule a Technology Coaching session. If you have a tip you’d like to share, let us know in the comments.